Grief Counseling in Greenwood, IN
Helping adults find meaning and joy in life again.
Grief is heavy and dark. Sometimes, it is impossible to overcome without help.
Most people who start grief counseling feel overwhelmed by sadness. They may feel like they are unable to move forward with their life. Perhaps, you can relate? Maybe, you don’t look forward to much. Or, you feel lost and unable to move on with your life.
Do You Feel Numb, Angry, Sad?
Do any of the following resonate with you?
- Your grief is holding you hostage.
- You feel numb. You’re just waiting for the sadness to come.
- After your loss, you feel lost. Like you’re walking through a fog.
- No matter how busy you are, you don’t want to do anything.
- You feel alone in your grief and it seems like no one understands what you’re going through.
- Your life has lost its meaning and joy.
- Sometimes, you worry that you will forget about your loved one and what they were like.
- You know that sadness isn’t helpful, but getting out of it alone isn’t possible.
If these sound true for you, we want you to know that nothing is wrong with you. Grief is incredibly painful. Furthermore, no two people grieve in the same way. There’s a wide range of ways people grieve a loss. During this tough time, it’s important that you take care of yourself.
Grief counseling can help you move on while honoring your loss in a respectful and meaningful way
It’s possible to feel better. Imagine a life where you could…
- Shift into a more positive outlook on life.
- Figure out who you are after your loss
- Find directions and purpose again
- Feel joyful and hopeful again
Step Back And Focus On Healing from Grief
Grief counseling helps you rise above your challenges and start moving on in your life with less sadness and more joy. Even if you are not sure if your grieving is serious enough to warrant therapy, grief counseling may be able to help. Actually, anyone who has experienced a major loss can benefit from therapy. Working with a therapist from Renewed Hope Counseling will help you process your loss, your emotions, and provide you with a clear direction forward. It will help you honor your loss in a healthy way.
In grief counseling, your therapist will listen as you talk about your loss and process your grief. Then, they will provide you with practical tools you need to find your way through the difficult feelings and situations that accompany a loss.
We’ve helped people in the Greenwood and Indianapolis areas overcome grief and find healing after loss. We empower our clients with practical coping techniques to help them move through the stages of grief effectively and find the strength to enjoy life again.
How Grief Counseling Works
Grief counseling consists of, one-on-one sessions that help you work through your concerns. In addition to listening, your grief counselor will ask questions and guide you towards solutions. Here’s how it will work step-by-step:
- First, your therapist will provide a safe, accepting space so that you will feel comfortable talking about your loss.
- Your therapist will listen to your story and learn more about your grief.
- We will help you with immediate concerns like managing difficult emotions and overwhelming sadness.
- Help work to discover what your goals are in therapy and in life.
- Keeping your unique goals in mind, we’ll figure out what’s needed to help you reach them.
- Over the course of our sessions, you will start making progress towards finding peace after loss.
Research shows that grief counseling can positively change your thinking, beliefs, emotions, and behaviors. It can help you let go of what’s holding you back.
Begin Grief Counseling in Greenwood, IN:
Ready to start feeling better? If you feel stuck in a rut, unable to move forward, grief counseling could help. Begin grief counseling in Greenwood, IN, and find meaning and joy in life again. To begin therapy in the Indianapolis area, follow these steps:
- Schedule an appointment,
- Set up an appointment with one of our trained grief therapists
- Begin grief counseling, and start finding peace
Other Therapy Services Offered at Renewed Hope Counseling Services
In addition to grief counseling, our therapists offer a wide variety of mental health services at our counseling center in Greenwood, IN. Our therapy services include trauma treatment and PTSD treatment, anxiety treatment, depression counseling, EMDR, therapy for new mothers, perinatal anxiety and mood disorders, couples therapy and marriage counseling, teen therapy, family therapy. If you’re a clinician, we also offer professional EMDR certification and consultations and PMADS consultations. Please contact our counseling clinic to learn more about the many ways we can help you thrive!